Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cinnamon Apple Crisp

I made this a few weeks ago for my family and oh wow was it good! I'm honestly not usually a fan of baked fruit, but I was loving this dish. The picture does not do it justice (I am so not a food photographer...yet)This is one of Gina's many amazing recipes. I adapted it slightly based on what we had & also to suit our family's tastes. The original recipe (and a better picture!) can be found here.

Cinnamon Apple Crisp

5 medium apples, peeled and diced
1.5 oz golden raisins
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 lemon juice
3 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup brown rice syrup (it's what I had on hand)

Topping:
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup (half stick) butter, melted


Heat oven to 375 degrees. Combine apples, raisins, cinnamon, brown rice syrup and lemon juice in large bowl. Sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss until fruit is coated. Place fruit in an ungreased baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over fruit. Bake about 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serves 8
I did not personally run this throught the recipe builder, but according to Gina, this recipe is 4.5 pp+ per serving.

1 comment: