Tuesday, May 24, 2011

WHEAT CAKES

Well, I had to share my recipe that I did this morning because according to my 3 year old, it is "oh nummy.....dewishess mommy".......and that was plain....with absolutely nothing on it!  They are filling too.....didn't notice it while I was eating it, but now that I have been done I realized how full I am!  :)

Wheat Cakes (Pancakes or Waffles)
  • 1 1/3 C. Whole Wheat Flour
  • 3 t. Baking Powder
  • 3 T. Sugar
  • 3/4 t. Salt
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 1/4 C. Milk
  • 3 T. Unsalted Butter, Melted
Stir together dry ingredients.  Combine eggs and milk, then stir into dry ingredients along with melted butter, mixing only until blended.

For lighter cakes, eggs may be separated and stiffly beaten egg whites folded into batter just before baking.

Bake on lightly greased griddle until golden brown, then turn. 

Eat plain, as is or put fresh fruit and a touch of powdered sugar or however you want!


Makes 12 - 4 in pancakes at 3 PP a piece
-or-
Makes 5 (use the 3/4 measuring cup) - Waffles (I have a commercial waffle maker) at 7 PP a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment