Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Need a quick, healthy meal? Try this yummy soup. It takes all of about 15 minutes to prepare. Everyone (even the baby!) in my family loved this soup & I think next time I make it I will double the recipe so we have some leftovers!

Broccoli Cheese Soup
14.5 oz chicken broth (I used low sodium)
4 c frozen broccoli, thawed (I pureed 3 cups to make the soup a little thicker)
1 carrot, shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used reduced sodium)
1 can white beans, pureed
garlic powder, to taste
pepper, to taste
cheddar cheese*

In a large pot (I used a dutch oven), bring chicken broth to a simmer. Add broccoli & carrot and allow soup to simmer for a few minutes, until vegetables are cooked & soft. Add pureed beans cream of chicken soup and desired spices, stir to incorporate and allow to simmer for a few more minutes until warm. Add desired amount of cheddar cheese and stir soup until melted.

Makes 6 1-cup servings

As described above, this soup worked out to 4 pp+ per serving (per the recipe builder). Adding the LC cheese wedge brought the total points per serving to 5.

*I only had 1 oz of cheese defrosted, so that's all I added. My family felt that it was not cheesy enough, so we actually ended up adding a Laughing Cow cheese wedge to each bowl. It was perfect!

No picture today..I was rushing off to work & didn't have time :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome.....I have been wanting a good Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete